Written by Elliott Brinkley, clinical herbalist & owner of Dancing Willow Herbs
Nothing says holiday season like cookies! The rich smells and warmth of the oven draw us into a cozy nostalgia, a part of what it means to be descending into the darkest days of the year. These cookies are no different. They will have your home smelling of peanuts, cardamom and rose and your heart delighting in every bite!
I wanted to provide you with a new holiday cookie recipe to add to your repertoire that is easy and delicious, as well as medicinal! These Adaptogenic Peanut Butter cookies require minimal ingredients, and are as simple as combining, forming into cookies and baking! They are perfect for the busy holiday moments, not only because they are quick but also because their medicinal properties help to soothe the nervous system and promote a sense of calm.
So, what is Adaptogenic Honey Paste?
Our Adaptogenic Honey Paste is a blend of calming adaptogens whipped into raw honey to create a delicious, nourishing way to soothe your nervous system!
Shatavari and Ashwagandha are adaptogens which help to regulate the HPA axis and stress response. Especially when taken daily over time, they help to nourish the adrenals, nervous system, and help promote a sense of calm. In this honey paste, they are combined with Rose and Cardamom to delight the senses and calm the heart!
You can purchase it here: Adaptogenic Honey Paste
Why add the Adaptogenic Honey Paste to this recipe?
When added to this recipe, the adaptogens help your body remain more centered when faced with a stressful situation. And let's be real, the holidays can be a very stressful time. Between all of the social engagements, gifts to go buy, then wrap, the dinners to make, it can be a time where our personal needs are left behind. By making these cookies, consider them a gift not only to yourself but to anyone who you decide to share them with on a deep level. You will be giving the gift of a handmade treat that helps everyone involved find a deeper sense of calm within themselves.
Also... the Adaptogenic Honey Paste has a flavor all of its own! The adaptogens are slightly earthy, while the floral notes of rose and the spice of cardamom help take the flavor of this cookie from a basic peanut butter cookie to one that is absolutely up-leveled, elegant and unlike anything you have ever had before.
Adaptogenic Peanut Butter Cardamom Rose Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Adaptogenic honey paste
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 bar of dark chocolate
- Pinch crushed dried rose petals
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter, Adaptogenic Honey Paste, egg, baking soda, and salt into a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and incorporated.
- Gently roll about 1 tablespoon amount of batter into a ball by tossing between your hands- the dough will be sticky and place on the baking sheet staggered with plenty of space in between the cookies
- Take a fork and squish the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cracked on the top. They will still be very soft to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool (they will firm up as they cool).
- Chop up chocolate and melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals or in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
- Drizzle chocolate over the cookies.
- Garnish with crushed up rose petals.
- Let sit until the chocolate hardens.